The Easiest Recipe for Apple Samosa
This apple samosa recipe is SO easy, and absolutely perfect either for a light dessert which could be served with a low fat yoghurt or cream or even just as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
The only problem with it, is once you start eating them its bloody difficult to stop!!
This recipe will make about 9 apple samosas, but that obviously depends on size.
Here’s what you need:
2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
50g caster sugar
1 tsp ground mixed spice
6 sheets of filo pastry
Here’s how you do it:
Turn the oven to 180 degrees (fan) or 200 degrees (conventional).
2. Place the apples, sugar and mixed spice into a pan with 2 tbsp of water.
3. Cover, and cook for 4 – 6 minutes, or until the apples are soft, stirring once or twice.
4. Tip into a shallow dish and spread out to cool slightly.
5. Layer two filo sheets, one on top of the other, and cut lengthways into thirds, before brushing really lightly with a tiny amount of olive oil.
6. Place a spoonful of the apple filling at the top of each strip and then fold over, and over to form triangular parcels. This can be repeated until you use up all the apple filling. I only made 9, so that’s what Ive accounted for in the ingredients.
7. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
What are you waiting for….eat your apple samosas while they’re still warm.
For more easy recipe ideas have a look here
If you liked what you read, please applaud by liking or sharing this post so that more people see it! If you like my style, please sign up to my newsletter where each week I share real life, tips and storytelling. You can also hire me to waffle for you! www.adropofsherry.com